Monday, February 15, 2010

Newest Church Calling

I was called to be the 2nd counselor in the Primary Presidency. Halley Miranda is President, Becky Holman is 1st Counselor and Julie Deyoung is the Secretary. It's been fun getting to know these girls and learning the ropes of leading 70-90 kids in Primary. Before I was called as 2nd counselor, I was the Valiant Girls Teacher and was an Activity Days (for girls 8-11) Leader. I loved doing this. The other leaders and girls I had the pleasure to spend time with were wonderful.... But hey, I am lucky, as 2nd Counselor of the Primary, I get to be over Activity Days, so I still get to go to activities and hang out with my lil girlfriends. One of my favorite Activities that I was in charge of last summer was taking the girls on a hike up to Alta Ski Resort to Cecret Lake. It was a fairly easy hike. It kind of got scary at some points because somebody on the mountain was practicing lighting off dynamite for the upcoming ski season, and the bangs were loud and almost deafening. My little Gage hates loud noises and he literally freaked out with each blast. The hardest part was the switch backs just before you reached the lake, which I did packing Gage. It really surprised me how out of breath some of the girls were once they reached the top. We all ate picnic lunches then hiked back, which was the easy part. There was one area of the trail that was about ankle deep that we had to wade through, and it was freezing cold water, that made it interesting. I had to borrow my friend Heather's van to drive some of the girls up due to Luz not daring to drive a vehicle on the freeway. On the way down from the mountain, there was lots of brake tapping. And Heather's brakes started to "stink". So just call me totally idiotic, I didn't realize that I should have just shifted the automatic transmission to first or second gear instead of riding the brakes down. I felt so bad. Lesson learned.



Group shot (minus Jeri) just before Jeri & I's cameras died at the same time!



Hiking up the beautiful trail



The "fastest hikers club", waiting for the others to catch up... You Go Girls! Elizabeth, Kenlee & Kimberly



My Valiant Girls Class & Luz (my team teacher) on my last day of being their official teacher (I I love Kenlee, Shayna, Finau & Mystique)

Hugs - tif

1 comment:

big8smiley said...

I have that calling too! Funny we have the same one. I think we got called at the same time too. I think I'm finally settled in. Next month is my turn to do sharing time ALL MONTH LONG. Let's see how settled I feel after that.