Sunday, February 14, 2010

Halloween Festivities 2009 Warning: Extremely long post with lots of pictures

So I love love love love Halloween. I get so excited for it every year towards the middle of the summer. This year I was so excited because I won the Monster's Inc. Disney "Mike" costume for Gage, it was a size 4-6T and it drowned him! I was so so sad, in fact, I tried it on and practically fit in it.... maybe Halloween 2010 Gage. But he did end up being a cute lil pirate dude, I found the cutest costume at a Halloween boutique in the mall. (I love Halloween boutiques)



Gage standing by his locker at preschool on his Halloween Party day. The cutest lil pirate I have ever seen in my entire life hands down. He was only allowed to show his teachers his sword for all the pictures, I had to take the sword home with me.

I have always told myself that I need to be Gwen Stefani one year and find the perfect platinum blonde wig and some type of skin-colored bodysuit so I can wear one of her famous halter tops with a jacket over top, have our seamstress sew me some funky pants like the ones she wore during her Rock Steady Tour. But no, this year I was Crazy Cat Lady.



It was so much fun to be her, but I couldn't quite figure out what her personality should be like, I really had to act crazy, perhaps carry around a cat and be calling "here kitty kitty". The only time I dressed up as her was at the ward Halloween Trunk or Treat. I really thought our truck trunk should have won, but we didn't, we even brought our fogger and it was spraying out fog all over our trunk or treater guests (it scared some little kids too) ha ha. My Crazy Cat Lady costume was warm though. Included in the costume was the funny pink glasses with rhinestones on the sides, white and red striped tights, the strange cat head headband, and the matching cat head robe with cat tails all over it. And you can't forget the crazy pink slippers and long crazy black wig. I was totally bummed because I was so excited for the upcoming ward Halloween Party, which has been so fun in the year's past, but our ward activities committee decided to scrap the party and just do the trunk or treat to save money for a bigger Christmas Party. We handed out Halloween bags with a small bag of sour patch kids, small bag of swedish fish and a candybar as well as glow in the dark necklaces. The stuff we handed out ROCKED. Check out photos of the trunk or treat & great friends.....


The Fairall Family, Chris brought his cruiser to the trunk or treat


Jeri, I love this lady, I work with her in Activity Days
2 of my fabulous Activity Days girls Laycee & Victoria

Oh my gosh, it's the real Fat Bastard from Austin Powers aka... Jon Kortman, can you believe he let me dress him up like this? It was hilarious!


Our decorated trunk, that was the best, but sadly didn't win... just wait till next year Muahahahahah (my evil laugh)

Now to talk about the annual trip out to Cornbellies with Drew and Domi (my boy's BFF's and neighbors). They had some new things there this year, and let me tell you, it's always worth every penny. This year, Gage actually ran 1/4 of the way though the creature with us. Last year, he wouldn't go within 1,000 feet of it without sobbing and shaking. They had a very fun 3-D funhouse maze to walk through, the famous jumping pillow, pedal go-carts, pig races, singing chickens, corn box, corn carts, paint ball target gallery, and much much more. Oh, I almost forgot, this year, we ventured out into the corn maze, which we usually don't have time for. We had about 45 minutes to spend in there, and of course we got lost, and I got extremely frustrated, and 45 minutes became about 2 hours. Next time, we'll make it an all day thing and we will successfully navigate it before it becomes haunted at dusk.



The hilarious joking/and singing robotic chicken show, you sit on hay bales and laugh, it's a Cornbellies original



Brock getting buried in the corn, in the corn box instead of "sand box", this is fun for all, but I find alot of corn stuck in socks, shoes, pants, underwear... when we get home



Gage... oh my, what's he doing with his hands? Sorry he's so un-photogenic, but hey, look, he's close to the head of the creature, which is a haunted house inside, you enter via his scary open mouth.



Cute pic of the boys in their 3-D glasses



Gage catching some air on the jumping pillow



Lost in the corn, no, Tif is NOT frustrated just yet.



Self explanatory, rule breakers! Bad Brock and Domi :)



Target practice paintballing



Giant Rocking Chair



Wider picture of the corn box

This year was the first year and first time going to the famous Gardner Village. I have always heard such wonderful things about it... and the shopping, and the candy store, etc. etc. Jon, Gage and I decided to go one night for family home evening and I was in love. It was so much fun. I basked in the Halloween ambiance. I loved the witches, the music, EVERYTHING. I do want to go to Witches night one sometime with my sisters and mom (if you read this, can we plan it?) Gage began the night by riding on a pony, which he loved.. enjoy the pics, I highly recommend this on the list of To-do's for your annual Halloween festivities. I rate it A+.



Woah, a witch flying on a bike - what the crap?



Gager & Daddy by the huge water wheel thingie



Ohhhhhhhhh, scary witches



I love all the unique witches around this joint!



Gage digging the pony ride, can I please go like 5 more times.... please



I can just hear the witches singing "stirring and stirring and stirring our brew"



Jon relaxing while watching Gage play up on the Halloween castle costume stage (he's so hot)



This witch chick will cast spells for chocolate... Gage holding on for dear life



The Halloween costume strut your stuff stage, this is where the main speakers are that blast the fun Halloween music through the Village



Gage loved jumping from rock to rock around this water

So I am like the suckiest mom in this post when it comes to including Brock in his Halloween costume which was Jason Vorhees from Friday the 13th. No, Brock has not seen the movie, and No, I will not let him see it. But Brock begged and begged me to buy him a totally scary costume that was bloody. There is no such costume that he can wear to school that meets that criteria, he can't wear masks or bring fake weapons.... lame.... So only wearing the tattered brown top like the one Jason wears is what Brock wore to school. Brock broke my heart this year when he was invited by the neighbor BFF's to do the trick or treating with them. He totally blew off the idea of trick or treating with mom! I guess he's growing up. So I do not have any pictures of Brock in his Jason Costume with the scary hockey mask and the big machete knife thing with fake blood on it. He did look very scary. Trust me. Halloween 2010 post will have at least 5 pictures of Brock in a different costume. I do pinky swear on that.

Another great thing about Halloween is decorating my house for the entire month of October... I did include a 4 minute movie featuring some of the decorations in my house. I love my fog machine, that is why the movie looks so "foggy" is because I ran the machine for a few minutes before I shot the movie. Update: Gage was not scared of the Halloween decorations this year, which really thrilled me, really, it made my favorite holiday so much easier. Enjoy & Happy Haunting.





No comments: