Monday, February 15, 2010

Christmas 2009 Parties & Stuff




I love the Christmas time of year. This year we invited our friends Heather and Aaron to see the Forgotten Carols with us. This is a yearly tradition for Jon and I. And I was able to score front row tickets on Deseretbook.com. Then I found out that my manager Marty is BFFs with Michael McLean's wife/very close friends with the family and they said we could all meet them backstage before the show and were kind of expecting us. We had to tell the security guard that we were there to see "Uncle Mike". That never happened due to our inability to find them and there was no security guard. And I did run into a 1/2 closed gate in the school hallway while walking in, and my face was kind of stinging. Christmas just isn't Christmas without The Forgotten Carols reminding us of the true meaning of Christmas. I will forever love the message of the show, it is so inspired. I was also in charge of the Christmas Sharing time and I went all out. I purchased Frankincense and Myrrh off Ebay, little candy canes (which represented the shepherds), a small picture of Mary and Joseph outside the door of the Inn talking to the Innkeeper... it said "Each of us is an Inn keeper who needs to decide if there is room for Jesus", and a golden chocolate coin. I put all of the items in little bags, and each Primary child got one. I had 3 special guests who came to talk to the children... Mary (my sister Emily), one of the 3 Wisemen (Brad), and the Innkeeper (Shane) - who sang the song "Let Him Inn" from the fabulous Forgotten Carols. Even though my sharing time went completely over, I feel it was a huge success, and the kids were so quiet and good the entire time. I love it when I feel as if I nailed sharing time, it's very important to me to help bring the Spirit to my lessons.

And then of course Christmas isn't Christmas without the annual family parties! Jon's Kelley Family party was at Noah's in Lindon. It was a pretty cool joint, there was good food, pool table, game tables, and Rockband. It was kind of crowded, but fun to hook up with Jon's extended family. How I love Jon's sweet grandma, she's the grandma I never had, and I hope she's still with us for years to come! Immediately after that party, we headed several miles back North to Highland for my Thatcher family side Christmas Party at Uncle Kevin and Aunt Kim's. There was a great turnout... it was fun to see Brandon/Danina, Kara/Jake, Travis/Dori & kids, and at the end Devin/new wife & baby.... We played a killer candy bar game and the kids got to open presents. Then we went to Thanksgiving Point to ride a trolley around and see the lights. This was kind of cool, although the Trolley driver was very late and had very dumb jokes and comments (blah). We froze out butts off waiting for him to arrive, at least we got to sit on a special bench up at the very front of the Trolley.




Jon resting on the chair not wanting his picture taken... lame



The Candy Bar Game



Utah's most eligible bachelor.. Shane Warner, next year will he have a girl at his side? We shall see, but don't bet the farm on it... lol :)



Gage under a Christmas tree, he found a train!



The Trolley as soon as it pulled up LATE!



Brock and Riley getting warm by the flame



Tif & G. trying to stay warm



Brock and G. by an otter? ice sculpture



Tif & Jon at Thanksgiving Point




The Thatcher group on the Trolley



Brock and Gage excitedly anticipating the ride... firsties on the Trolley

And then you can't forget and not help love Christmas shopping at the mall! I love basking in the ambiance of Christmas at the Mall, I love the crowds, the smells, the music and the magic of the Christmas season in the air. Although I don't buy a whole lot of gifts at the mall, I still go for some things, but mainly just to walk around. This year Gage insisted on carrying around the Victoria Secret bag, and managed to pose while I took the pictures... what brought that on?



We love the tradition of Christmas Eve at the parent's house. Especially the auction of the Christmas cans with our fake money. This year we invited Mom's friend/husband/son from work. We ate, talked, played the Can game, and opened presents. As always, it's so much fun with so much excitement in the air from my boys. Ohhhhhhhhhhh how much I love love love love experiencing the magic of Christmas and the excitement through their eyes.



Gage thinks this can will be something good



Tif & Jon Christmas Eve



Brock and Gage shaking various cans to decide which ones to bid on







All 3 of Mom's grandsons




Dad & G. opening his big present from Grammy & Grandpa



Gage getting ready to catch the football he won in a Christmas Can

Brock was so funny when we got home from the party, it was almost 9:00 and Brock heard on the news something about Santa arriving at some houses already at 2100. And he got anxious about he and Gage getting in bed really fast so Santa won't pass our house up due to kids still being awake. I love how my Brock still believes in Santa, thanks to the creative DVD.. Stalking Santa (love that cute documentary). It was a magical Christmas to remember, may many more come our way.








What Santa Left Behind! ~ Merry Christmas


hugs-tif

No comments: