Sunday, February 14, 2010

Las Vegas trip Oct. 2009

So my blog is usually out of order, but it's all good. We decided to take a random trip to Las Vegas last October. I found 40% off tickets for Brock and I to see Blue Man Group front row middle poncho seats baby! I had never seen the show at the venue of the Venetian, so I knew it was going to be a new adventure. And I was so extremely excited to bring Brock, it was his first time and I knew he was going to love it! As soon as we arrived in Vegas, I phoned my BFF from Vegas Dave and we met for dinner with his wife Beth and daughter Sydney (whom I had never had the pleasure to meet yet). We met at Chilli's out in their neighborhood. My boys only had 1/2 hour out of the car after the 5.5 hour drive to Vegas so they were exceptionally wiggly and didn't want to drive out to meet Dave & Fam. and then have to sit again for dinner. It was so fun to see Dave! That night we let the boys night swim in the gorgeous pool. That is one thing I love and miss about Las Vegas, is the wonderful swimming conditions even in October. The boys loved it.







We stayed up very late that night. It was so funny because as we were trying to go to sleep in the dark, we all (including Jon) kept talking like different characters from Sponge Bob and were laughing hysterically. We even took some late night family pictures....






The next morning began our day out on the "strip". We went to get Brock a haircut, see the baby tigers at the MGM, Rainforest Cafe, Caesar's Forum Shops & the statue show, and then Gage had to ride the "choo choo" (the shuttle that goes up and down the strip that would have cost us $45 just to ride as a family for a day pass) Gage insisted that we rode the choo choo, but once we found out how much is cost, we decided to find the free one which went from the Excaliber down to the Luxor. Only, we didn't realize just how long it would take to get there! Brock ended up running full speed into a glass wall also and had a horrible headache. Gage was so happy once we got on the choo choo, note the disgusted look on Brock's face after all we went through to make it there! We did end up riding it back and fourth for about 1/2 hour to make it worth it. Gage was in heaven!








Big robotic snake, scared Gage to death.... see movie!



New York New York



One of 100 escalator rides...



Rainforest Cafe with my sweetie




They just had to sneak a sword fight in




Outside M&M World waiting for Jon, curbside pickup



Gage randomly telling me he's talking to Grammy on the phone... he had quite the pretend conversation, makes me wonder what he was "telling her"



One of the fountains in Caesar's Forum Shops



Getting in some Arcade game playing time (just before Brock ran into the glass wall)



The boyz & Gorilla statue

Brock's grandparents took him to Popovich (An animal actor's show) he had alot of fun getting to meet up with them for one of Vegas's kid friendly family shows. We picked him up just as he was getting out of the show, and we headed for the Venetian for the big event. My adrenaline was pumping in anticipation for the show. I am so excited to see the new show. Brock was in for a treat! The show rocked, however, it was a little different than the one at the Luxor, but the theater was smaller as well as the stage and I was less impressed with the drumwall. But the show still rocked and I had my Blue Man Group Fix.



Brock in the "aftermath" of the show



Brock in his poncho - sometimes you kind of need it during the show if you sit in the front... I'm just sayin



Brock in front of one of our favorite things that "dance" during a certain song the Blue Men play on their PVC instruments... these "stick figure statue dudes really freaking rock out" You have to see it to believe it. I'm just sayin



Brock getting ready to go into the show, in line with anticipation on his mind

Brock spent the night at his grandparents house after we saw the show. The next morning we picked him up and went home.... but of course we had to stop in Mesquite and make the rounds in search of a UPS brown van to find our favorite UPS man in the entire world DAVE! And guess what, we found him and got to chat briefly, he's a busy dude. He was one of my most favorite people from my life at IPG while working in Las Vegas. It was a fun trip, we'll do it again soon. You have to watch Gage freaking out and being scared of the robotic snake at Rainforest Cafe giftshop. lol (we love you Gage and we are laughing with you, not at you)






hugs - tif

No comments: