We took the Passports to each activity with us and we got a sticker for each activity to go in our passport. For example:
We went bowling *bowling pin stickers
We "flew" to Hawaii at the beginning of the reunion (we rode on a trailer pulled by a 4-wheeler and got airplane food on the way peanuts & bottled water *airplane sticker

We went swimming at the Roy Aquatic Complex *flipflop sticker
We had a luau where I finally decided I will eat pork, I was introduced to Kalua Pork and could not get enough (Thanks Mom) Becca and Mom went all out on this Luau, the food was nothing short of amazing, and we all got to dress in our Luau attire * Luau/Lei sticker


Before the reunion started, we all set up our tents in Mom & Dad's front yard. I will refer to it as "Tent City". It was very cute because Becca & Wes put up Tiki Torches and Hawaiin-Style different yard stakes in front of our tents. My made-up ADD also tells me I must mention that Gage lacerated his big toe on the corner of the front door right before the reunion began, not only did it lacerate his toe, but the laceration went through a wart so it was nasty and it bled and bled. Here I am this brave Medical Assistant that sees alot of bloody stuff at work, when when I see it on my kids, it makes me a crazy mother. So after I calmed down and dressed the wound, I decided it did not need stitches. But I had alot of fun constantly keeping his toe wrapped with bandages during the entire reunion.
Tent City at night
Trampoline Fun outside Tent City
Now I must write about our night in Tent City.... growing up a "country" girl in Mountain Green, I got used to all the outside noise and had many well rested nights having sleep overs on the trampoline. I was immune to the "noises of the night" because I had grown up with it. Fast forward 17 ish years..... Here are the lovely noises I started to notice while trying to go to sleep in tent village: cows and sheep walking on the rocks about 20-30 feet from out tent, chirping of insects, night bird noises, trains passing by blowing their overly long horns, cars passing by on Old Hwy. Rd., etc. It really did get quite comical because there was always a noise, I wasn't sure if the boys were sleeping, but Jon and I sure weren't. Finally after a very long whistle blow of a train, I'd had it, I needed to go into the house. We were shortly followed by Wes & Becca. I am not sure how much more sleep we got that night.
I think my favorite part of the Reunion was the Amazing Race that Shane planned for all of us... leave it to my little Brother to create the funnest, most challenging game I'd played in a while. He did an "Amazing" job and exceeded my expectations. One of the challenges was to view 2 pictures (rubbed off of tomb stones) back in the Grove and then drive to the Mountain Green Cemetary and write down the person's first and last name from the tomb stones that corresponded to the pictures we'd seen. *We could not bring the picture with us, we had to do it by memory.
We had a fun reunion, it's always nice getting together with the Fam. Em & Brad are in charge of Reunion 2011 and I am sure they'll ROCK IT! Good Luck guys!
hugs -
tif
No comments:
Post a Comment