Sunday, January 16, 2011

Minnetonka Cave Revisited - Thatcher Reunion Bear Lake 2010

Here are 2 different pictures taken at the mouth of Minnetonka Cave (in the Bear Lake area). Taken at different phases of my life (and I do seriously kick myself in the butt because I didn't try and recreate the first picture by holding Brock and having my Dad and Shane in the picture in the same places):




It was cool to revisit Minnetonka Cave during our Thatcher Reunion 2010 at the Bear Lake KOA. I had forgotten that it was such a freezing cold cave and my poor boys did not dress accordingly, so Brock found a hoodie left outside the cave and put it on. Note: I did not teach Brock how to flash Gang signs.









I am so in love with this picture of Gage!

Gage on the Boardwalk

I love this mug!

Shane doing his Ute sign thing (he never does that)






Disclaimer: Brock did leave his borrowed red hoodie back in the same place he found it... Thank you to whomever left it there!


I reserved a 2 bedroom Kamping Kabin for 3 nights during Bear Lake's Raspberry Days baby! For this reunion, Jon couldn't go and I had to do the single parent thing with Gage and Brock. The coolest thing about this KOA according to Brock and Gage was the Jumping Pillow that only cost $3/day/kid, an investment of a total of $18 for reunion duration = well worth it.

This picture is hard to describe, I am unsure of what happened, but it's like the "Ghost of Brock" is passing through Gage.







Something I will always remember about this reunion is rain rain and more rain. All the rain made the KOA campground a little muddy. One late afternoon, it began to storm, and dude did that wind start to blow. We watched out our back Kabin window, as the KOA Tent City practically blew away! I can't believe all the tents that were destroyed, not to mention the poor boaters out on the Lake! It was craziness I tell you. Other fun activities around the KOA aside from the jumping pillow were: Mini golf, Swimming Pool, swinging on our porch swing, going to the store for treats.



Some of the Activities we did: Egg Toss, Water balloon toss, dinner crammed into Aunt Coyanne's Kabin during a rain storm, nightly movies projected on a screen outside Aunt Coyanne's Kabin, another inventive game created by Shane that had to do with mixing numerous yummy or gross things in a blender and drinking it, the Bear Lake Parade, and a very fun Murder Mystery Party Dinner courtesy of Aunt Coyanne. (and my Mom made her Kalua Pork - YUM). Coyanne was the coolest bartender and poor Danina didn't have the greatest role in the party!



We went to a craft fair thing one of the days when it wasn't raining and the boys picked out Usborne Books, which were really cool and kept them quiet during the boring times cooped up in the Kabin during the rain. By the way, I am not spelling cabin wrong, at Bear Lake KOA, they are Kabins. A crazy thing is that on the first night, Gage had gone into our Kabin and turned on the heater. It had to have been running for a couple of hours. It was like a furnace and our first night was spent feeling rather hot! On the last night, I all of a sudden heard this gigantic boom/thud that woke me up, and then I heard crying. So I was immediately shaken out of my sleep and ran into the boy's room in the back of the cabin and Brock was on the floor crying, he had fallen out of the top bunk. It was sort of funny because Brock had actually climbed over the railing on the side of the bunkbed and fallen! Brock said he was having a dream that he'd fallen asleep on the porch outside and saw Gage and I leaving the Kabin from a distance and wanted to join us, so he jumped off the top bunk! lol.... I was afraid that Brock might have injured his hip, he had a gigantic bruise on it and he was non weight bearing and couldn't walk very well. So I bailed and checked out alot earlier that morning than expected instead of following my Mom and Dad out as I'd originally planned. Bad move Tif. I ended up getting lost somewhere in Wyoming or Utah on the way home and I was so upset because I didn't have cell phone coverage. Needless to say, I went the long long way home. It was a wonderful reunion planned by Aunt Coyanne. I love my Thatcher side and don't see them too often. I did want to eat a Merlinator during the reunion, but $20 for a giant hamburger just isn't worth it. But next time we're out at Bear Lake, I just might have to do it, I want bragging rights! hahahaha

hugs~
tif

No comments: