I love living so close to the Gateway in downtown SLC. Good restaurants, movie theater, water fountain on HOT HOT days, and good shopping. My boys vote unamimously that Discovery Gateway is the best thing there. I do get a little irritated EVERY single time I go there because sometimes it seems as if all I do is "stroller dodge". I mean come on mommies (I am a mommie too), but they have signs everywhere throughout the museum that say "Stroller Parking". Sometimes I wonder if it's stroller day every time I go there, that if you bring your stroller you get 50% off your admission. Let's just say it's a popular mommy hangout with young ones/babies, even though this is not the greatest place for kids who are so young that they need to be in strollers. (In my opinion. Gage always loves the Beehive the most, where kiddos get plastics balls and do all kinds of things with them like placing them in high pressured air compartments and watch they be sucked up through these tubes that go up to the ceiling, etc. There are so many things to do there, let me share some activities. (I only pictured a small fraction of the many fun things to do there).
The Beehive
The Construction Zone
Rockwall Climbing
The Small Child Area ** That my boys shouldn't be in!
Science
Dress Up/Pretend Play
**Note: My boys hate pretend play, but this area is so cute. There is a farm (with a life size horse to sit on & garden, chickens/eggs, etc., a grocery store, a house, mailboxes, lots of outfits, and police cars, firetrucks to ride around, gas station, water area with rivers & fish to play with. (the water area is always so packed with kiddos) There is also a theater there with costumes where you can perform plays like "Where the Wild Things Are"
Building with Giant Foam Legos
Fun with Magnets
Fun with Gears Magnetic Wall
Create "Pipe Routes" for balls to travel through magnetic wall
Sit in actual INTERMOUNTAIN Life Flight Helicopter
Life Flight control tower/desk
Communication
Be on the News
Cartoon Making
We had a fun day out at Gateway, but Gage insisted on wearing shoes on the small side for him, so he got very cranky and ended up with bloody blisters on the backs of both heels.
Luv, Tif
2 comments:
That looks like the funnest place. I have never heard of it. It sounds like it has a lot of stuff to do for older kids like Brock also. How fun. How much is it to go there?
what a sweet place! I'm very impressed. How much does it cost to go there?
Post a Comment