Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Another Halloween Come & Gone






I LOVE Halloween ok. I love decorating my house all scary. I love Halloween parties, and I love dressing up. The first weekend in October, I very excitedly started pulling out the Halloween decorations knowing that Gage would be so cute and fun playing with some of them and helping me. The first thing I pulled out was a 4 foot tall skeleton in a tuxedo that we usually hang from the light outside the house. I thought it would be funny to make him peek around the corner at Gage as he was sitting downstairs on the couch. So that is what I did. Then all of a sudden, I saw Gage inching along the wall on the opposite side of the room and once he saw it was me holding the Mr. Skeleton, he started to cry. Needless to say, with each new decoration, Gage got more and more frightened. And seriously, most of the decorations were on the cute side, like the dancing mummy and boogie bones. He was even terrified of the fog that came out the fog machine. We had tons and tons of laughs over Gage's reactions. He was so happy to wave goodbye to Mr. Skeleton when we put him back in the box for another 11 months. It's become a tradition to take take the boys to Cornbellies at Thanksgiving Point every year. It's very entertaining and totally fun and worth every penny. This year, the corn maze featured David Archuletta. We took Brock's friends along for the ride this year. But of course, there were certain parts that made Gage cry. :) They had the huge jumping pillow, Halloween Hayride, tower of carved pumpkins (my favorite was the President Hinckley one, it was uncanny how accurately it looked like him), the Haunted Creature (giant inflatable monster lizard thing with huge teeth that you walk inside), corn cannons, cow train, princess pumpkin park, peddling go-carts, the famous dried corn box (a huge sandbox, but you play in millions and millions of pieces of dried corn kernels - not popcorn), the singing chickens, pig races, bounce houses, etc. We enjoyed the annual Warner Halloween party and I sadly missed the long awaited Ward Party which brings every member out of the woodwork. They do a teriffic job every year. Enjoy the pics. I'm getting ready for Christmas!

3 comments:

Em said...

Oh, poor little Gage! I can imagine from a little guys' point of view, a lot of Halloween would tend to be scary. We went to Cornbelly's a couple years ago when I was in the CFC. It seemed like it would be a blast to take your kids to. Fun. Glad you guys had a good time!

Terry Lynn said...

I have never heard of Cornbelly's. It sounds fun. I am excited for Christmas also.

Nakamoto Ohana said...

I miss Halloween back home, it looked like so much fun. Way different here. Take Care!